起床
- Hey, honey, it’s time to wake up and get out of bed.
中文=嘿, 亲爱的, 该醒醒并起床啦.
- Do I have to get up now?
中文=我一定要现在起床吗?
- You’d better get up, or you’ll be late.
中文=你最好现在起床, 不然你就会迟到嘞.
- What are you talking about? My alarm hasn’t even gone off yet.
中文=你在说啥?我闹钟都还没响
- Yes, it did. It went off thirty minutes ago. You slept right through it. You’re like a dead person while you sleep.
中文=它响过了. 它三十分钟前就响过了. 你睡过头了. 你睡得像个死人
- I must have slept right through it.
中文=我一定是睡过头了.
- Rise and shine! Sleeepyhead!
中文=太阳晒屁股啦! 贪睡虫!
- Just let me sleep five more minutes.
中文=就让我再多睡五分钟嘛.
- The early bird gets the worm.
中文=早起的鸟儿有虫吃.
- I know, I know. But I don’t want any worms.
中文=我晓得, 我晓得. 但是我不想要任何虫子.
- Haha! If you don’t make an effort now, later on it’ll be a lot thougher for you.
中文=哈哈, 如果你现在不努力一把, 等一哈之后, 对于你来说就更加艰难了.
睡觉
- It’s time for bed.
中文=是时候睡觉了哈.
- But I’m not sleepy, honey. Can I Stay up and watch more TV?
中文=但是我一点也不困, 亲爱的. 我能再熬夜并且看多一点电视吗?
- It’s already past eleven. You have school tomorrow. You’ll be sleepy all day tomorrow if you don’t sleep well tonight.
中文=已经超过十一点了. 你明天还要上学. 你明天会很困的如果你今晚不睡好的话.
- I know, but I promise I won’t be sleepy tomorrow. I work really hard.
中文=我晓得, 但我保证明天不困. 我学习很用功的.
- Don’t you have exams comming up soon? I’m sure you can spend more time preparing for those.
中文=你不是有个考试马上就要来了吗? 我确信你能花更多时间在它们上面.
- Oh, I nearly forgot the exams.
中文=噢, 我几乎忘记了考试了.
- You do well in math, but your history is not good enough. Am I right?
中文=你在数学上做的不错, 但你的历史还不够好. 我说的对吗?
- Yeah, I guess so, maybe I could go to sleep now and get up early to review the lessons tomorrow.
中文=是哈, 我觉得是这样, 也许我可以现在去睡觉并且明天起早点复习课程.
- An excellent idea, work now and play later.
中文=好主意, 先工作后玩耍.
- I know you’re right, school is more important than TV. But can I watch one more show then go to bed?
中文=我知道你是对的, 上学比电视重要. 但是我能再多看一个节目再去床上吗?
- No, now is bedtime.
中文=不行, 现在是睡觉时间.
打电话-Making a Telephone Call
- Good morning. This is Wilson association.
中文=早上好,这里是威尔逊协会
- This is Brown speaking. I’d like to speak to Mr.Thomas.
中文=我是布朗,我想和托马斯先生通话.
- I’m sorry, but Mr.Thomas left here just a few minutes ago.
中文=很抱歉,托马斯先生刚在几分钟前离开了这里.
- I’ve been trying to call him for the last ten minutes.
- 之前十分钟我一直都在给他打电话.
- But your line was busy. Will he be back soon?
中文=但总是占线,他很快能回来吗?
- I’m afraid not. He is away for the rest of the day.
中文=恐怕不能,他今天一天都不在.
- Is there any other way I can reach him?
中文=还有别的方法能联系他吗?
- I’m afraid not. He has gone out of this town on business. May I take a message?
中文=恐怕不行,他出差了,我可以捎个口信吗?
- I have a business appointment with him at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning. But I’m afraid I can’t make it.
中文=明天上午10点我和他有个上午约会,我恐怕不能参加了.
- Would you like to make another appointment?
中文=您想另外再约个时间吗?
- Unfortunately, I’m leaving here unexpectedly, and I may be away for several days.
中文=遗憾的是,我凑巧有事要办,可能要出去几天.
- I see. I’ll tell Mr.Thomas that you’ve called.
中文=我明白了,我会告诉托马斯先生您来过电话.
- Thank you.
中文=谢谢.
接电话-Answering the Telephone
- Hello? Who is speaking?
中文=你好,哪位?
- Hello! THis is John. I want to speak to Linda.
中文=喂,我是约翰.我想找琳达.
- This is her.
中文=这就是她(我就是).
- Hi, Linda. I’m just calling to invite you to a dinner party tomorrow evening.
中文=我打电话是想邀请你参加明天晚上的一个宴会.
- Really? What time and where?
中文=真的吗?什么时候,在哪里?
- 7:30 pm, at Longding Chinese restaurant. I’ll be at your place at 7:00 to pick you up if you need a ride.
中文=晚上七点半,龙鼎中餐厅,要是你需要搭车的话,我会在七点的时候去你那里接你.
- Yes, please. I’ll need a ride. I’ll be waiting for you then.
中文=好的,那请你来接我吧.到时我在家等你.
- See you tomorrow at 7:00. Make sure you dress a little formally. I heard the restaurant is kind of upscale.
中文=明天七点见,一定穿得正式点,我听说那家餐厅比较上档次
- Thank you. See you then.
中文=谢谢,到时见.
关于时间-About the time
- What time is it?
- ten to nine.(8:50)
- Your watch is ten minutes slow. So it should be nine sharp(9:00). I’m gonna be late again. What will my excuse be this time? We should’ve set the alarm for seven thirty(7:30).
- Don’t cry over spilt milk. Honey, could you stay with me a few more minutes?
- What? Why? What’s wrong with you?
- I just hate being alone at home with nothing to do but listen to the clock ticking. It’s so lonely and boring. My sickness makes it worse. When will I recover?
- You’ll be fine in a couple of months. Just be patient. I’ve got to go to work now or I’ll be late.
- You only care about your work.
- Sorry, baby. You’re everything to me. All I do is for this family.
- Stay just a few minutes longer, okay?
- Ok. I’ll leave at nine fifteen(9:15). Is that all right?
- Yes.
- I’ll spend more time with you in the future, honey.
- Thank you.
回家后-After Getting Home
- Home at last. Tonight we have a lot of homework though.
- Are you saying we don’t have time to watch our favorite show tonight? Jane, you know I really don’t like our teacher all that much. He gives far too much homework. He criticizes me in front of everyone all the time.
- Tell the truth, I don’t really like hime either. He’s kind of boring and not very active. He always looks unhappy too.
- Yes, and he also …
- Do you think we should be talking about him like this behind his back?
- Probably not. After all he is our teacher. We should try to find something nice to say. If you can’t say something nice you shouldn’t say anything at all.
- I absolutely agree. It’s getting dark. We should finish our homework now.
- All right. I want to take a shower first. I’m exhausted!
Falling into love
- I saw Lily for the first time and felt like I had been struck by lightning. She is the girl of my dreams. I have a date with her on Friday. but I really can’t decide what to do. Any other ideas?
- What about taking her for a dinner or a movie?
- Not bad. Any other ideas?
- Well, there’s a play on campus this weekend.
- Good idea. That way she’ll think that I have culture. Do you have any other suggestions?
- What’s the matter with these ideas?
- They are good, but I still need a few more.
- What about going on a picnic?
- Cool, but what if the weather isn’t ideal?
- You could take her to the art museum or a cafe. Certainly I must have come up with something you can use. How do you like the ideas i’ve given you?
- They’re all good.